Saturday, May 21, 2011

May Flies By

   Ahh yes, I seem to remember having a blog..it's becoming clearer now..

   I must say, I think this is the best flower spring we've had yet. Aside from the need for weedeating, our yard feels like a botanical garden..in spots..

 
New Guinea Impatien
   This may very well be the first time I've ever used my blog to let off steam. Lol, I don't usually like reading blogs about people's pressures, etc., but I have apparently joined the ranks. Don't worry, I'll keep it short;)

   I think just about a month ago, I was thinking how uneventful this year had been (for us) so far. I think I thought too soon. In the past month we've been invited to: a wedding, two graduations, a graduation party and a family get-together (on the Man's side) for the Grandfather to receive a medal for his service in WWII.

   I'm a little jittery over all these party things. I know, I should only worry about ironing my clothes, but I'm a little worried because:
   A) I promised to make mints for the wedding, which need to be done in three weeks. No sweat, right? You've obviously never seen me procrastinate. I'm a pro.
   B) I can't think of what to get the graduates for their gift(s). I refuse to give money. Mum's right, they just spend it and forget that you ever gave them anything. I have a tentative idea for the girls, but the boy, well, he may be out of luck. (I never knew boys, excuse me, "guys" were so hard to shop for!)
   C) I'm jittery of the get-together because there's going to be news people there and I have a deep seated fear of cameras. My only hope is to employ Tyrannosaurus Rex evasion maneuvers. If you don't move, they can't see you, (you hope).

Pink Columbine
   I'm actually thrilled to bits that the Man's grandfather is receiving the medal, don't get me wrong. If it were one of my grandfathers (both of whom have already passed on), I would just about be busting my buttons. The Man is pleased over the whole thing. Even more so because it looked as though we wouldn't be able to go (work, work, work). After a heart-to-heart with his boss, he got the time off and we'll be there with bells on. Huzzah!

  By the way, if you leave a comment and it doesn't show up, I'm sorry. My blog has been filtering comments and putting some of them in the spam folder. I don't even think about checking the spam folder most of the time, so..you may have to wait a while to see your comment. Sorry about that. I haven't changed any settings, Blogger just has a mind of its own, lately.

Red Japanese? Peonies (and Reina, the nosy JRT)

   Ah, the washing machine is done, so I must go. Just pray I don't drip salad dressing on my shirt at the get-together, okay? Thanks, I knew I could count on you:)
                                                                                          Ciao:D   

2 comments:

magnoliasntea said...

Those peonies are really the best I've ever seen. The color is stunning. I have to say the Bronze Star is quite impressive. I shudder to think what a recipient would have had to go through to earn it, though. As far as letting off steam goes...it is your blog and at least you didn't whine, lol. ;)

Savories of life said...

Your flowers make me think of heaven.

Come and see my b,log giveaways.