July is goin' well for me. Uneventful, but well. We went down to TN for the 4th of July, saw family, saw the Knoxville fireworks (not even half as good as they are on Boomsday). I got a great new recipe from my sister. I don't have any pictures, so I won't post it now. I will tell you that it involves fresh jalapenos and bacon. Very good and spicy!
I am actually working on two projects, right now. No, really. Don't faint, it's true. The first one is the Springtime Patchwork Blanket from _Total Baby Knits_ by Candi Jensen. No, this is not for any baby in particular. I just wanted to try my hand at a blanket and decided that since this is a small blanket, it'd be faster (obviously, lol). I will not post pictures of this yet, since I only have 3 squares done. I'll get some pics once I have a square in each color and pattern.
The other project I'm working on is a set of coasters. I have to give credit where it's due. Mum found the project first. You can get the tutorial here: All Things Heart And Home (Note the new button on the right of my page, here.) I had been wantin' to do this project, since we had leftover napkins from my wedding. I really like how the dark ones are turning out, but I was kinda disappointed about the pink. You really can't read the pink ones' writing, but it was one of my colors, so I'm leaving it.
The pictures are regrettable, I know. I had no idea they were so blurry. I also didn't do a very good job patting out the air bubbles, but que sera, sera.Ok, that's all for now. I hope to make the jalapenos again, so I can get some pictures and share the recipe. And I plan to finish my coasters and get good pictures, this time. Maybe even with a glass sitting on one, to show how useful they are ;)
Ciao!
2 comments:
Your fireworks picture is a reallygood one! Someday I'm going to read the book that came with my camera. :P
Your coasters are looking good; no need to fret about the pink as I imagine they can be read easily in person. The burgundy looks really good.
Tell your mum I says hello. ;P
~LOL~
Post a Comment